About archiving with yEAh Games
Note: We previously hosted our now-deprecated Archives on WordPress.com! You may know this website as yeahgames.pro, which redirected to https://yeaharchives.wordpress.com, where we hosted our Archives from April 2022 to December 2022 before migrating to the opensource, custom, and organized, one-stop yEAh Network at https://yeahgames.net running off of GitHub. 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗲𝗯𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗱𝗲𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱! We may eventually shut it down for public access, but for now it is still accessible. Information is out-of-date and the website is no longer supported. Please migrate to the yEAh Network as soon as possible.
The yEAh Games archives are a system designed to make sure we (yEAh Games) never lose important data. It will often be used in Ycourt trials as evidence, or as research documents. Our goal is to Archive all of yEAh Games, Disord or elsewhere, for safekeeping and easy access online.
The main Library of yEAh Games is where all pages of the Archives, no matter where they are hosted (externally or internally on the library), are viewable, browsable, and searchable. All pages or content that is stored as part of the yEAh Games Library Archives catalogue is viewable on this website. We use a tag and category section on the main library to organize various items. You can view them by clicking on the “Tags” or “Categories” buttons on the sidebar. Note that comment discussions are enabled on the main library, but we use a system known as Giscus, which operates by using the GitHub Discussions API to embed comments; you must have a GitHub account to comment.
This, however, is not the best way of viewing organized content.
The Library of yEAh Games operates using a feature known as “library collections,” which are stored off the main library, externally. Each library collection is hosted on another website, but the items are still part of the Library catalogue. These items are viewable both on the collection’s website, and on the main library via an embed of the content. It is recommended to view the content on the collection’s website for ease of access. If you’re looking for only a specific category of the archives (e.g., quotes), you should visit the collection’s website to only see items in that collection. You can view all library collections in the dropdown menu of the network navbar, or on the official library-collections website.
As of December 31st, 2022, the active and proposed Library collections are as follows:
- The Main library collection [For displaying all content and hosting miscellaneous content that doesn’t belong or isn’t owned by any external collection]; hosted at library.yeahgames.net
- The Docs collection [For documentation]; hosted at docs.yeahgames.net
- The News collection [For news and announcements]; hosted at news.yeahgames.net
- The Quotes collection [For various quotes]; hosted at quotes.yeahgames.net
- The Archives content collection [For content that cannot be hosted using collections or the main library, especially various file types]; hosted at archives-cdn.yeahgames.net
- The OKdex collection [For the OKdex of Random Guy TCG]; hosted at okdex.yeahgames.net
Most content on the archives is hosted on library collections for easier access and organization, but you can still view everything at once on the Main Library.
Members can host their own collection for Archive items that they own or archive themselves; to do this, please file an issue on the GitHub repository for the Library Collections website and your application will be reviewed shortly. Note that to start managing your own collection, you must state a valid “category” for your collection (i.e., why the content you’ll host there is related to eachother and the collection itself), and the subdomain must not already be in use or reserved (in the format of [your-collection-name).yeahgames.net). All content you post on your collection must be part of the collection and must be content that you or your team has archived and does not belong in another collection. NSFW collections are allowed, but they must be marked as such. All content should relate back to yEAh Games in some way. If you’re unsure on how to use GitHub, Git, any of the localhost test servers, or our archive format, please read the docs or submit an issue on the appropriate repository.
All information relating to yEAh Games should and will eventually be archived and added to the viewable library. If you find content that isn’t already archived, please do something about it!
- Apply to become an archivist to gain access to the Archives and the Library to start archiving content; this is done by messaging a mod, using the application form in the #forms channel in our Discord server, or by filing an issue on an appropriate GitHub repository.
- If you do not wish to become an archivist but wish to archive a single piece of content, you can:
- Fill out the “archive something” form on our Discord server to submit a piece of content for an Archivist to archive
- Create a pull request on the appropriate repository with your changes including the archived content.
- Message a moderator or archivist.
Please read the doc “Start archiving” to learn more and find some tasks to start with.
Note that we pay archivists and people who upload to-be-archived content in Yollars and Canadian dollars, depending on the amount of work and type done. You can find out more by submitting an issue.
We may sometime post Archive-exclusive news or details, so be sure to check for updates on the News collection.
The yEAh Games Archives and Archive Library is open source, as it is hosted on the yEAh Games Network! Feel free to contribute in any form; whether that’s fixing a typo or adding a new collection. Just visit the yEAh Games GitHub account and submit your first issue or pull request.